Get Help > Classes & Workshops
Attend an instructor-led tool training course or Custom Lab session in-person or via webcast. Classes are offered on how to create specific types of reports, or how to use the Business Objects reporting tool in general.
Classes & Workshops
A variety of instructor-led courses are available to help you learn about data, use the Business Objects reporting tool, or to assist you in creating specific types of reports.
View the training calendar and register for training in the DS Training Net application
. Business Objects Training
- Web Intelligence: Reporting Basics – demonstrates how to use the Web Intelligence Rich Client report editor to create custom reports and analyses. Topics covered include: creating basic reports, sorting, calculations and breaks, filters, and file formats.
- Transition to Web Intelligence – this class is designed to teach experienced Desktop Intelligence users how to transition to using Web Intelligence Rich Client report editor. Topics covered include: basic report creation, formatting, sorting, calculations, breaks, and report conversion.
- Web Intelligence: Report Formatting – demonstrates formatting techniques using Web Intelligence Rich Client. Topics covered include: cell and report formatting, templates, alerters, block types, images and charts. (Training to begin Spring 2014.)
- Web Intelligence: Advanced Reporting – advanced topics using the Web Intelligence Rich Client report editor. Topics covered include: variables, calculation context, sub-queries, using other data sources, and merging dimensions. (Training to begin Spring 2014.)
- Web Intelligence Report Conversion Labs – receive hands-on assistance with converting the Desktop Intelligence reports that you have created into Web Intelligence format. Bring your reports on a flash drive and DS staff can assist you with the report conversion process. You can download and view the Webi Report Conversion User Guide.
Custom Lab Sessions : Come Practice Reporting
- Scheduling Documents in EDDIE (InfoView XI) - teaches the concepts and tasks involved with scheduling documents through InfoView XI and Desktop Intelligence. Specific objectives include: properly set up EDDIE environment for easier scheduling, correctly set scheduling frequencies, schedule documents withstatic and dynamic prompts, send documents to an email address or inbox, send documents to Excel or PDF file, view scheduled documents, reschedule and delete schedules, and troubleshoot failed schedule instances. Download the training manual.
Decision Support offers periodic Custom Lab sessions designed to provide you with hands-on training in how to use Business Objects universes to create specific types of reports. Led by Decision Support specialists, you will learn about the data elements, report structure, and universe objects needed to create reports that meet the business needs of your office. Topics vary, and users with access to the data areas that will be covered are sent invitations by email 2-3 weeks prior to the session.
Some of the Custom Lab sessions that have been/will be offered include:
- Permanent Original Budget by CFOAP and Year
- Listing Expenditures by Organization and Type
- Listing PO's and Requisitions by CFOAP and Organization
- Job & Job Detail Verification
- Payroll Expenditures by CFOAP
- Salary Planner Preparation
- Class Rosters & Registration Analysis
- Grade, GPA, and Graduation Analysis
- Registration Census Analysis
Other Training Options
A variety of self-directed training options are also available to assist you in learning about and using the Data Warehouse. Self-directed training options and informational resources include: